Sunday, August 9, 2009

What Have I Got Myself Into?

"See, this is what you should do?" my wife says. And by this she means write a blog.

It started with the blog news feed I'd receive as I worked at my piece of crap PC. The feed is my wife on the Mac across from me reading posts out loud. As best I can tell there was some schizophrenic person spewing out some of the most random and eclectic thoughts I've ever heard. I was pretty sure this person is gender confused also. Then I realized my wife was skipping from one blog to the next giving me the cliff notes.
My keyboard clicked away as I tried to focus on the story in my head, but her voice is enough of a lure to jerk me out of my thoughts every time.
"All that stuff you write and have no place to put could go into a blog."
This from the woman that claims I have too many hobbies as it stands left me perplexed and of course intrigued. "What do I have to do?"
After a rash of Googling I came upon this place and after much more thought and effort then is truly necessary I came up with the title. Well, truth be told, my wife came up with the title. She is, after all, my muse.
Now I'm trying to figure out what ship the RSS Feed is, what makes a delicious digg, directions to the directory, and whatever else this crazy world has going on. I still haven't even figured out how to send a text on my cell phone!
I just hope I can get away with typing a few short stories, posting some pics and videos, well enough to fool people into actually believing I might know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment