Monday, August 17, 2009

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pancakes

My kids love pancakes. They must since I am the best pancake maker ever (according to them)! Here's my recipe for keeping the little ones thinking I'm awesome:

First thing first. Coffee.

Make sure you have at least two cups before you start, that way you can handle the incessant "Are they done yet? Are they done yet?"

Next is your ingredients.

1 1/3 cup soy milk (Just shut up and go with it. If you want to use whole or skim do it)
2 cups Bisquick
1 egg
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Add and mix ingredients in that order.

When you mix them (I use a fork instead of a whisk) you don't want to go gangbusters, just turn it nice and easy until the lumps are no bigger than peas. Don't mix all the lumps out (that's waffle batter).

Pour the batter into 4-5 inch circles on a hot skillet. Go with 325 degrees.

When the edge curls up and you start to see bubbles coming through it's time to flip.

While the other side is browning go ahead and rub butter on them. Go with salted butter. It's pancakes, are you really worried about your health?

Finally, slap them on a plate and dowse them in syrup. And make sure the syrup is heated. Cold syrup is for losers.


If you didn't quite understand my directions you can always look on the back of the Bisquick box. What, you think I came up with this on my own?

1 comment:

  1. can i just say i was looking at these pictures at the end of shift, already starving, and now i hate you.

    -jen

    ReplyDelete