Tuesday, October 6, 2009

15 Years and Counting

Today marks the fifteenth year I have been with the Sheriff's Office. Oh the stories I could tell, but those will have to wait another ten years. You know, to protect the innocent and all.
When I started this gig I made a mental note that I wanted to make it fifteen years, and now that milestone has been reached I feel kind of funny. It has become more of a reminder how life goes by and slows down for no one.
I've been watching the calendar, waiting for this day to come, excited at making that achievement, only to become saddened with the thought of time lost. I used to say that nothing makes you feel old like watching your kids grow up. Well, I guess watching your career go by does that as well.
I'm saying it now, I wont stand by and watch life go by anymore. Of course whether or not that will happen, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment