Monday, July 5, 2010

A Place to Eat - A Project

Been a little while since I've posted, but that's because I've been busy with projects. One of which was refinishing the breakfast nook table and chairs. The look The Wife and I were going for was a driftwood nautical type feel. So let's get started.

First was sanding the table.


Once that was done we applied an exterior transparent deck stain to the table top.


Then The Wife painted the base a rich white.

Then I sealed the table top with a self-leveling clear coat.


Next were the chairs.

The spindles and the details on the legs made these a bit of a pain.

I used a red primer on the chairs because...

You guessed it, the chairs were to be red.


For some reason The Wife has this notion that because I came from a trailer park in Homestead that I have mad graffiti skills and therefor can use spray paint on anything.
So after 12 cans of paint (seriously, 12 cans) the set was complete.


Gotta say, it was a lot of work but did come out pretty good. I think investing in an airless sprayer might be a good idea for future projects though. I'm not so sure I can afford to lose anymore braincells huff'n all that paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment